Although many people consider dental implants as a part of cosmetic dentistry they can actually help improve the quality of life for those that suffer from tooth loss due to decay, gingivitis, or injury.
Until more recently the only options available for replacing lost teeth have been dentures or bridges. Luckily, thanks to advancement in dentistry the field has become more comprehensive and cosmetic dentists are able to provide patients with the popular solution of implants.
What is a dental implant?
A dental implant is an artificial dental root, in other words, it is a titanium screw that is inserted into the jaw or maxilla bone to replace the missing tooth as a natural tooth. Dental implants have a cylindrical or conical shape, with a length and a diameter selected according to the amount of bone. Doctors have demonstrated, the dental implant does not cause any adverse change in the body.
What are the advantages of implants?
Implants offer patients a myriad of advantages that range in an improved appearance to better oral health. The following are the main benefits of getting dental implants.
• Appearance- The benefit of implants over other solutions is that they look and feel like your own teeth, therefore, improving your appearance.
• Speech- Having missing teeth can make your speech sound drastically different and poor fitting dentures can slip. Implants, however, are like your own teeth and will allow you to speak normally without the fear of slipping because they are a permanent fixture.
• Comfort- Implants become permanently fixed in your jaw and therefore are much more comfortable than dentures.
• Eating– Dentures can slide and make chewing food difficult, but with implants being like your own teeth they will function like your own teeth.
And There’s more
• Self-Esteem– Implants can return your smile to the way it was before you lost teeth and make you feel better about yourself.
• Oral Health- Dental implants do not require sedation dentistry techniques or shaving down the surrounding teeth, which means that your natural teeth are left intact.
• Durability- Implants are extremely durable and will last a lifetime if taken care of properly.
• Convenience- Implants do not require removal or adhesives to keep them in. Once a dentist has put them in place they become a natural part of your mouth.
A possible manifestation of pain, inflammation, hemorrhage and bruising in the area. Signs and symptoms that normally evolve in a favorable way.